Saturday, February 15, 2014

Warmachine/Hordes!!!


So, I recently got a good amount of Cygnar Warmachine models in a trade. I'd always heard that the game was really well balanced and a great system so I wanted to check it out. Thus, I traded away the Imperial portion of my Star Wars X-wing collection to get my foot in the door. While my normal gaming store Fantasy Books and Games doesn't have much of a following for Warmachine/Hordes, their sister store Heroic Adventures does. And as luck would have it, their Warmachine/Hordes night is Thursday, which is the same night that I normally play Warhammer 40k. That's nice because now I don't have to ask the wife if she minds me going out to play an extra night during the week. So I decided I would do some research, grab a few more models and the faction deck, get the army painted up, and go learn the game.

First things first. What did I all get in the trade? Here's the list:

Warcasters
Epic Haley
Caine
Stryker

Warjacks
3x Lancers
Sentinel
Charger
Iron Clad
Centurion

Units
Field Mechaniks

Solos
Squire
Professor Viktor Pendrake

After some investigation into Cygnar I have since picked up the Cygnar Faction Deck, a Journeyman Warcaster, and a box of Arcane Tempest Gun Mages with their unit attachment character. Those were the 2 most highly recommended units I could find and I need the cards from the deck to play. This should give me a functional 35 point army. Here's the list I'm going to be using:

Major Victoria Haley (*5pts)
  • Lancer (6pts)
  • Centurion (9pts)
  • Squire (2pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
  • Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
Field Mechaniks (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
  • Sentinel (4pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)
  • Charger (4pts)
Professor Victor Pendrake (2pts)



Yesterday I got almost all my stuff in the mail. Now its time for some assembly, basing, and painting. I figured I'd post up some picks of what the models looked like when I got them and do some work in progress shots over the next couple weeks. I have to say, I'm pretty excited to get these guys painted up and start playing the game.





No comments:

Post a Comment