Thursday, June 13, 2013

40k: Space Marine Rumors!


Eldar, schmeldar. Bring on the Power Armor! 

Every since I first heard about 40k, I have always had a thing for the space marines. 

Yes I have owned more Xenos armies, but I always come back to my Space Marines  over time. 

If you are looking for rumors , I will be posting every single one worthy of being posted....so be prepared.

Here is the latest rumors from Faeit's site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

via Puscifer
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so I thought I'd give you all a treat...

Some stuff regarding the new Space Marines Codex:

It is the next one to be released, but I was not told about the release date.

The codex is not Ultramarines heavy. There will be a much broader spectrum of Chapters.

There will be supplements for the more famous chapters: Ultramarines, Imperial Fists and White Scars were the ones mentioned. White Scars are the first out the gate.

The cover of the new dex has apparently got Sicarius on the front, while the White Scar Codex has a bike squadron racing towards the enemy.

No clue on authors. Rumour is Ward, but hell, he's rumoured for all of them right?

No rules that I can give you, but you can expect to see loads of new weapons and squads. Possible inclusions are the Land Raider Terminus (I think that's what it's called - it's festooned with Lascannons), a bigger form of Terminator and a rather large Dreadnought that is similar to a Contemptor - only bigger.

That's all I got.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good, I'm tired of the Ultramarines dominating the C:SM codex.

Adding in a Land Raider Terminus to the Codex would almost guarantee that that the Baneblade would have to be added into the Imperial Guard Codex. Which would also keep with the rumors that GW is trying to merge Apocalypse into the standard games.

For those unfamiliar with the Land Raider Terminus, it looks like this.



I am also a huge fan of supplements for the other chapters that have received little, to no respect from GamesWorkshop for too long. White Scars, Imperial Fists, Raven Guard, and Salamanders all deserve to have their own "book" for their own rules. 

Black Templar, as much as I would love to see them get their own codex (Their fluff is amazing by the way, and one of my favorites of all the chapters) I imagine they will be in a supplement as well, as it makes the most sense.

Matt Ward is rumored to be making every codex...so take that with a grain of salt.

A "bigger" terminator. Sounds like a dread knight.
Running a "squad" of Dread Knights seems like it might be a BIT overpowered...maybe Matt Ward is writing the codex...

A Larger Dreadnought could also be a Dread Knight, but I would be happy with Contemptors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment