Thursday, June 13, 2013

First 6th Edition Eldar List


Time for my Eldar to evolve. With the last codex, I ran a Footdar list. It was a challenging army to play and thats why I loved it. This codex decided to make Waveserpents amazeballs, so I can't continue to leave them out of my lists. I haven't had a chance to pick up any of the new models yet so this list is made using what I have. I think it's gonna do well enough on the table. Questions, comments, suggestions?

HQ
Farseer (With Harlequins)
  • Singing Spear
  • Jetbike
Spiritseer (With Guardians behind the aegis line)

Elites
7x Harlequins
  • 7x Kisses 
  • Troupe Master 
  • Shadowseer
Troops
5x Wraith-guard
  • Wave Serpent
    • Holo-fields
    • Twin Linked Scatter Lasers Cannons
    • Shuriken Cannon
5x Wraith-guard
  • Wave Serpent
    • Holo-fields
    • Twin Linked Scatter Lasers Cannons
    • Shuriken Cannon
20x Guardians
  • 2x Scatter Laser 
10x Dire Avengers
  • Exarch with TL Shuriken Catapults
3x Guardian Jetbikes
  • Shuriken Cannon
Heavy Support
Wraithlord
  • 2x Flamers 
  • Ghostglaive  
  • Scatter Laser 
  • Bright Lance
Wraithlord
  • 2x Flamers 
  • Ghostglaive  
  • Scatter Laser 
  • Bright Lance
2x War Walkers
  • 4x Scatter Lasers 
Fortification
Aegis Defense Line
  • Twin-Linked Quad Gun

TOTAL – 1996


4 comments:

  1. can the warwalker have 2 different guns? maybe missile or lance with a scatter laser. I just think that having the scatter laser twin-linking without another gun is a waste. just my $.02

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly thought about it. If I were to change it out, I'd prolly go star cannons for some AP2 shenanigans. I already have the TL bright lances on the Wraithlords and the Wraithguard for anti tank. Testing will definitely need to be done. Guide is also 24" so it may not even be necessary if I can just keep my Farseer in range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. War walkers with 2 lasers fire 8 shots 4 of them being twin linked if any of the first 4 hit. Always take war walkers with 2 lasers.

    With this list however i would take out Harlequins they are squishy for their massive point costs. I would consider getting another war walker into the squad as well. also invest in an Eldrad instead of vanilla Farseer. Eldrad is very powerful in this addition.

    Sorry im so brief but that's some thoughts to consider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being 5 months old, this list has changed quite a bit. It was only a place holder list until I got a good grasp on the new codex and some of the new models. Still, I stand by it though. It does well enough as a casual list. Eldrad is over costed and unnecessary. For competitive Eldar lists Biker Councils are the weapon of choice for me now. They're hard to beat. I also always ally my Eldar with either Tau or Grey Knights. If you'd like to see the evolution of my lists please check out some of my Eldar bat reps here on the blog.

      Delete