Monday, October 21, 2013

40k Battle Report: Eldar/Tau Vs. Imperial Guard/Space Wolves



Two headed giant league has started at the FLGS. You can either run a team of players using 1k points each or run two 1k point armies together as a single person. Makers wasn't able to get to the store this week so I ran two 1k armies myself. I ended up getting paired against Sqouze and CJ with their Imperial Guard/Space Wolf combo.

Deployment: Dawn of War
Mission: Big Guns Never Tire


My List (Eldar/Tau):

HQ
Farseer (Warlord - Warlord is a scoring unit) (Guide, Fortune, Puppet Master)
  • Jetbike
  • Shard of Anaris
  • Singing Spear
Farseer (Prescience, Misfortune, Terrify)
  • Jetbike
  • Singing Spear
6x Warlock Seer Council (Conceal/Reveal, Embolden/Horrify, 3x Protect/Jinx, Empower/Enervate)
  • 6x Jetbikes
Tau Commander (Warlord - Princeps of Deceit)
  • Command and Control Node
  • Puretide Engram Neurochip
  • Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite 
Elites
Stealth Suit Team
  • 2x Fusion Blasters
Riptide
  • Twin-Linked Fusion Gun
  • Ion Accelerator
  • Early Warning Override
Troops
9x Dire Avengers
3x Guardians Jetbikes
  • Shuriken Cannon
6x Fire Warriors
10x Kroot

Heavy Support
Wraithknight
3x Broadsides
  • 3x Twin-Linked SMS
  • 3x High-Yield Missile Pods
  • 6x Missile Drones
Fortification
Aegis Defense Line
  • Twin-Linked Quad Gun

Opponents List as Best I Can Recall (IG/SW):

HQ
Logan Grimnar (Warlord)
Commissar (Warlord)
Company Command Squad
  • 4x Grenade Launchers
Troops 
10x Veterans
Platoon Command Squad
20x Infantry Blob
8x Wolf Guard
  • 2x Combi-Melta
  • Drop Pod
7x Terminator Wolf Guard
  • Landraider Crusader
  • Assault Cannon/Power Fist
  • 2x Frost Axe/Storm Shield
  • 2x Thunder Hammer/Storm Bolter
  • Sword/Storm Shield
  • Power Fist/Storm Bolter
Fast Attack
Vendetta
Vendetta
Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Leman Russ Battle Tank


They won the roll to pick sides and I won the roll to go first.


Objectives are marked in the picture above. I kept the bikes and Kroot in reserve while they had the drop pod with Wolf Guard in reserve. Stealth suits infiltrated into the forest in front of the tower on the far side of the board



Turn 1: The Seer Council Powers up and moves forward. The Riptide attempts to nova charge the gun and fails taking a wound. Shots are taken at the Land Raider but all fail to do anything. Stealth suits fail to do anything to a Leman Russ. Four Guardsman from the Command Squad in the Tower are killed. He makes his leadership test and stays put.



The drop pod comes in on my line between my Wraithknight and Riptide. I attempt to intercept but the blast scatters onto my Wraithknight and Riptide. The Riptide fails its save and takes a wound. The Landraider moves up toward the Seer Council and the Terminators and Logan disembark. The Grey Hunters shoot the Riptide but it is ineffectual. Shooting from everything else kills 1 Dire Avenger and 2 Stealth Suits which pass their leadership. The Termies assault the Seer Council. I killed one terminator and he took one wound from my Farseer Warlord. The amount of 4+ saves I made here was amazing. When it was all over I couldn't believe I had only lost one wound and neither could my poor opponents. It was something like 18 saves.


Turn 2: Kroot come in and outflank behind the rocks where all their Guardsman and objective are. Fire Warriors walk on the board in the back near the objective in my deployment near the board edge. All buff go off on the Seer Council and I cast 2 Jinx and Enervate on the Terminators but they deny the Enervate. Still that gave them only a 4+ armor save. The Wraithknight moved up heading towards his troops and the Landraider. The Riptide moved away from the Grey Hunters so his shot wouldn't scatter onto himself again. The Stealth suits moved out to take another shot at a Leman Russ. The suits immobilized a Leman Russ. The riptide killed all but 1 Grey Hunter and the Broadsides and Dire Avengers failed to damage the Vendetta. The Wraithknight failed to do anything to the Landraider. The Seer Council totally wiped out the Terminators and Logan. I think seeing just how powerful the Seer Council can be totally broke my opponents will at this point.


One battle tank kills a few Kroot. They make their leadership and stay on the board. Riptide takes a wound from the Vendetta. The lone Grey Hunter attempts to gloriously assault the Wraithknight and gets overwatched on the way in.


Turn 3: The Council powers up and casts Horrify on the group of Infantry blob sitting near his objective. They then cast Terrify which causes the unit to break flee. Shooting from everything else is again ineffective. The Council charges the fleeing unit and automatically kills them.


My opponents second Vendetta comes on and both take shots at the Riptide and fail to cause any damage. His 3 battle tanks all shoot at my Fire Warriors on my back objective hopping to wound a few and have them run off the board. They manage a good amount of wounds but I go to ground and pass all my wound rolls. My opponents decided to concede at this point. The council was going to wipe out the rest of his troops, the Wraithknight would smash the Landraider, and with all my models going to ground the Leman Russ' weren't doing much.

At this point I just can't express enough how much I love the biker council. I only wish It was viable for the 1500 point Titan Tournament qualifier this weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Those big psyker squads are just scary. I have yet to face them. It will be a sad day when I do... GG

    ReplyDelete